Sunday, January 24, 2010

Do it again-

Crit with Shaun was on Tuesday and no one was really surprised when he asked everyone to do yet another iteration based on the feedback we received. I was satisfied with the shade I was able to construct and the clean lines of the curved folds. The wire structure on the other hand requires a bit more finessing. As the pictures show, the frame is visually too heavy and the support required for the shade could be accomplished with a much lighter frame.



Showing how the frame folds flat for efficient packaging

The class consensus seemed to be that the lamp was much more successful sideways- of course, how did I not know. When I look at it sideways, I think it looks like a piece of cheap, patterned wallpaper. It's going to be a long weekend of revision.

No comments:

Post a Comment