Thursday, October 8, 2009

Manifesto #1

I am one person.

My opinions/creations/ ideology are my own.

After an inspirational evening I have discovered the following:

As a designer, what I create is inevitably a result of my personal connection to what I perceive in the world (duh!). Thus to be effective I must evaluate the following:
1.) How do my personal discoveries/adventures in design and elsewhere contribute to global change? What makes them valuable?
2.) How to convey this value, not only in terms of the end result, but also in the process of thinking and execution that lead to these discoveries?

This thinking, brought about by a respected and admired professor has lead to the key question:

How do I share what I am doing, or aspire to do, with those around me?

....

I hereby resolve myself to "sharing".

Sharing of ideas, yes, but also sharing of ways of thinking, of knowledge and also of inexperience, of submitting my process to the scrutiny of those around me, in hopes of becoming a better designer-




No comments:

Post a Comment